Facility Security Officer
Applied Physical Sciences Corp. is seeking highly motivated and well organized individuals with significant prior experience administering US government security policies and procedures to serve as Facility Security Officers (FSO) in our Groton, CT and San Diego, CA offices. The FSO will provide expertise and guidance to senior management and direct all security administrative functions in accordance with the NISPOM and DCID. Job functions include the processing of personnel security clearances, record maintenance, administering security awareness training programs, preparing visit and access requests, and implementation and management of all security procedures and infrastructure. This position requires good judgment and an ability to identify and resolve security-related matters. The successful applicant will have a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of specialized experience working as an FSO. Past completion of formal DSS training courses is also required. We offer top notch benefits, competitive salaries, and a vibrant work environment. Applicants must be able to obtain a security clearance.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
||1. Prepare and review all security paperwork for accuracy and submission.
2. Develop and write security policies and procedures.
3. Administer relevant security procedures.
4. Provide guidance and instruction to employees to ensure proper completion of security
5. Establish and maintain a working relationship with DSS in filing necessary clearance paperwork
for new employees and annual facility reviews.
6. Prepare written reports of surveys and inspections.
7. Maintain all security documentation and files in accordance with DSS requirements.
8. Prepare paperwork in support of DSS visits and meetings.
9. Develop and maintain a working relationship with each contract's security office for processing
clearances and implementing requirements of DD254 documents.
Required education, experience, and skills:
||• Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of FSO experience.
• In depth knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and experience with DSS.
• Experience with JPAS and the e-Quip database system.
• Experience with the preparation of DD254 forms.
• Experience working with and managing accredited facilities and AIS systems.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
• Completion of formal DSS Academy training courses.
Interested candidates should contact Charles Corrado via email.