APS is actively seeking to fill the following positions in our Groton, CT office.
Principal Acoustic Scientist
The APS Platform Signatures Engineering Department is looking for a highly motivated scientist with a Masters or PhD and a minimum of 7 years of experience to support research, development and engineering efforts, focusing on acoustic signature prediction and mitigation. Successful candidates will have experience in one or more of the following areas; Acoustics, wave propagation, fluid-structure interaction, structural acoustic modeling and simulation, acoustic and vibration testing / test planning and methodologies, applied physics and/or applied mathematics. The candidate would ideally have a Mechanical Engineering background.
This position will involve working closely with junior and senior staff on a range of challenging acoustic design and analysis efforts, ranging from mitigation of existing noise issues to supporting the design of future platforms to meet acoustic requirements. Representative efforts would include developing analytical and numerical models of components, systems and platforms, assisting in the development, implementation and validation of specialized analysis methodologies, participating in the design, planning and conduct of laboratory and field experiments, performing test data reduction, analysis and assessment, developing and assessing novel noise mitigation strategies, and conducting acoustic design. A background in Matlab and FORTRAN programming would be beneficial.
Small company environment offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. Must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to contact David Warrick, APS Vice President, directly via Email
Applied Physical Sciences is seeking candidates for an entry level staff engineer position. Successful candidates will have at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, Ocean Engineering, or Acoustics. Demonstrated research using computational fluid dynamics or acoustics tools is required. A broad engineering education and excellent communications skills are also required. Past experience working as an engineering intern will be considered favorably.
An immediate position is open in Groton, CT. Small company environment offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to contact Charles Corrado, directly via Email
Assist in the support, maintenance and daily operations of IT infrastructure, network and desktop clients. Assist in implementation and design of IT projects and initiatives. Remotely support regional offices with some travel required.
• 5+ years of experience as a Network Administrator / Systems Administrator
• Experience with Windows Server administration and virtualization
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Active Directory, including GPO.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL and SharePoint servers
• Experience with Email and Collaboration Servers, such as Exchange and Zimbra
• Experience with Linux server administration
• Experience with VMWare vSphere virtualization environments
• Experience supporting SAN and storage systems
• Solid understanding of network infrastructure (LAN/WAN/TCPIP)
• Solid understanding of DNS & BIND, DHCP & SNMP
• Experience supporting firewalls, switches and routers, preferably Cisco ASA & Catalyst
• Backups, business continuity, disaster recovery planning knowledge
• A strong ability to understand compliance based security initiatives
• Team player who can also work independently
• Good technical, problem solving, and communication skills.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume to Janet Collings via Email